Now Accepting Artist Submissions for globalFEST 2016!
We are now accepting submissions for globalFEST (gF) 2016. Our flagship festival takes place every January during the Association of Performing Arts Presenters (APAP) and is widely considered North America’s most important world music industry event. Last year’s festival sold out earlier than ever before and attracted over 1,500 music industry professionals, press members and fans! If you are interested in submitting your band, or your artist’s band for globalFEST 2016, please read the information below carefully. The deadline to apply is May 31st, 2015 at 5:00 pm EDT (17:00).
globalFEST’s (gF) mission is cultural, social and political. It aims to bring down boundaries between countries and create cultural opportunities for individual artists and for governments, sponsors, scholars and critics to collaborate. Tours and cultural exchanges that result from gF’s showcases have helped to build an ever widening audience for global music and, by extension an increase in international cooperation and collaboration. Read more about globalFEST here.
The first 12 editions of globalFEST have attracted capacity crowds. Last year’s sold-out gF event had approximately 1,500 attendees, which included more than 500 industry professionals including artistic directors, presenters, producers, agents, labels, and press. gF alumni have gone on to tour North America at venues such as Hollywood Bowl, Lincoln Center, Bonnaroo, Coachella, The Kennedy Center, the Apollo Theater and hundreds of other theaters and festivals. View the complete list of gF alumni here. In 2016, globalFEST will return to one of NYC’s historic concert venues, Webster Hall on January 17th, 2016. Artists selected to perform at globalFEST 2016 will perform a 45-60 minute showcase, with sets starting on a staggered basis to allow 1,500 + audience members to circulate and sample multiple performances.
If selected, artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and visas. Through gF sponsor Tamizdat Artist Services, we can offer low-cost visa application services.
gF provides standard backline, festival production, and catering to the selected artists.
Does Your Band Perform World Music?
Unsure about how we define global music? We welcome music from genres spanning folk to electronic, Afropop to Afrobeat, psychadelic cumbia to American gospel. Check out our alumni list, NPR archive and Selector CD to get a better idea of the diversity of our artists before submitting your application.
- Submissions open April 1st, 2015 and close May 31, 2015 at 5pm EST (17:00).
- gF will have a booth at the APAP conference to display artist materials and hold meetings.
- Notification of any kind regarding the status of your submission will not be sent until July 2015.
- gF will only consider 3 submissions per agent. Please do not send us your whole roster.
- gF will only consider artists who have a firm commitment to touring North America in 2016 & 2017
- gF will only consider artists who have representation at the APAP conference
- gF does not accept CDs, DVDs, or promotional material through the mail. If we need additional materials, we will contact you directly.
- Should you have any questions please contact globalFEST’s General Manager/Producer Nicole Merritt at email@example.com.
- When you have completed your submission, you will see a “thank you” confirmation note on your screen. This means that your submission has been received, and there is no need to email us for additional confirmation.
Please note, your electronic submission must be completed in one sitting, as there is currently no option to save and return to a partially completed submission. Therefore, we’ve created a handy application checklist which contains all of the information you need to prepare before completing your submission.
After you’ve read through the application, click the button below to complete your artist submission.