Submissions for gF 2015 are now closed.
globalFEST is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering cultural exchange. Our groundbreaking 1-night, 3-stage, 12-band world music showcase/festival held this year in NYC on Jan 11, 2015, is widely considered North America’s most important world music industry event
The first 11 editions of globalFEST have attracted capacity crowds. Last year’s sold-out gF event had approximately 1,500 attendees, which included more than 500 industry professionals including artistic directors, presenters, producers, agents, labels, and press. gF has a booth for all of its artists to share at the APAP conference.
gF artists have toured North America at venues including Hollywood Bowl, Bonnaroo, Grand Performances, SunFest, Coachella, Lafayette Festival International, Lincoln Center, The Kennedy Center, the Apollo Theater, Toronto’s Royal Conservatory of Music and hundreds of other theaters and festivals.
Artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and visas. Through gF sponsor Tamizdat Artist Services, we can offer low-cost visa application services.
gF provides standard backline, festival production, and catering. Artists selected to perform at globalFEST 2016 will perform a 45-60 minute showcase, with sets starting on a staggered basis to allow 1,500 + audience members to circulate and sample multiple performances.
- Applications for gF 2016 will open in Spring 2015.
- We will only consider 3 submissions per agent. Do not send us your whole roster
- We will only consider artists who have a firm commitment to touring North America in the following two years
- We will only consider artists who will have representation at the APAP Conference
- We do not accept CDs, DVDs, or promotional materials by mail. If we need additional material, we will let you know directly
- Should you have any questions please contact globalFEST administrator, Meera Dugal at email@example.com