OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | gF 2015
We are now accepting submissions for globalFEST 2015. This year we are collecting submissions electronically. Click here to fill out our online application. There is no cost for submitting.
globalFEST is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering cultural exchange. Our groundbreaking 1-night, 3-stage, 12-band world music showcase/festival held this year in NYC on Jan 11, 2015, is widely considered North America’s most important world music industry event
The first 11 editions of globalFEST have attracted capacity crowds. Last year’s sold-out gF event had approximately 1,500 attendees, which included more than 500 industry professionals including artistic directors, presenters, producers, agents, labels, and press. gF has a booth for all of its artists to share at the APAP conference.
gF artists have toured North America at venues including Hollywood Bowl, Bonnaroo, Grand Performances, SunFest, Coachella, Lafayette Festival International, Lincoln Center, The Kennedy Center, the Apollo Theater, Toronto’s Royal Conservatory of Music and hundreds of other theaters and festivals.
Artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and visas. Through gF sponsor Tamizdat Artist Services, we can offer low-cost visa application services.
gF provides standard backline, festival production, and catering. Artists selected to perform at globalFEST 2015 will perform a 45-60 minute showcase, with sets starting on a staggered basis to allow 1,500 + audience members to circulate and sample multiple performances.
- Submissions open March 31st, 2014 and close May 31st, 2014 at 12PM EST
- We will only consider 3 submissions per agent. Do not send us your whole roster
- We will only consider artists who have a firm commitment to touring North America in the following two years
- We will only consider artists who will have representation at the APAP Conference
- We do not accept CDs, DVDs, or promotional materials by mail. If we need additional material, we will let you know directly
- Notifications of any kind will not be sent until July 2014
- Should you have any questions please contact globalFEST administrator, Maura Cuffie at email@example.com
Isabel Soffer, Bill Bragin, Shanta Thake,